onsdag 3 juni 2009

Why run 70 k at all..?

Three days to go, and I ask myself why I do this. Why run 70 km at all? What is driving me? When I think of it, why not go surfing instead..?

I think part of it, maybe a large part, relates to an inner journey. And curiosity. After 20-30 km, things start to happen with the body, pain starts to make itself noticed. It sort of moves around after that, sometimes the right knee, other times the left, both, the feet. But it never quite go away. That is the know factor.

What I do not know, is how my mind will react. What will I think? How do I motivate myself when I have run for 7 hours, pain, a long uphill in front of me and the rain starts to pour down? This is the exciting, or rather interesting part. Well, not the pain, but how I react and feel, and how I handle it. When I have encountered that, I know I can handle so many other situations, and I know how I will react, how I function.

When encounter difficult situations in my daily life. I can take with me the certainty that I for sure can go beyond what I might have thought were my limits, and I know how.

3 days to go..

4 kommentarer:

  1. I'll do this in Swedish to avoid any missunderstandings.

    Lycka till på ditt äventyr!!! Jag håller tummarna för att det blir en riktigt rolig utflykt. Var försiktig och ta väl hand om dig på vägen. Hur ser planen ut för vätska, energi, elektrolyter etc?

    SvaraRadera
  2. Tackar Zebban!
    Följebil samt poliseskort. Vätskebälte med två 0.65 liters flaskor, byte en gång per timma. Kör med sportdryck.
    Runes energikakor samt diverse mackor och mat, trycker i mig vad jag kan. Elektrolyter, hur får jag i mig det...?

    SvaraRadera
  3. Jag använder numera Endurolytes från Hammer Nutrition. Under maran funkade de perfekt. Nu hinner ju du inte få såna innan ditt äventyr om de inte säljs i nån löparbutik hos dig. Kolla om du kan hitta nån sorts elektrolyt-tabletter, det kan vara avgörande iom att du springer i sån värme och så långt. Sportdryck innehåller långt ifrån ditt behov. Det är inte bara simpelt salt som behövs, utan en hel radda mineraler och salter.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Hmm, ok. Jag trodde det räckte med sportdryck.. Jag får ta en sväng förbi apoteket. Löpbutiken här har inte, de har knappt löparskor.. :-/

    SvaraRadera