lördag 6 juni 2009

Rain rain rain...


Friday afternoon. Rain season, and the tropical rain drowns the streets. No surprise there, but I realize I have to prepare for a bit of rain tomorrow night..
Lunch yesterday with the running club, Corredores del Istmo (http://www.marathonpanama.com/), yesterday planning the run. I have received a fantastic support from the club. They have organized so that a bus will take runners from Amador early in the morning and drop them off 30 km and 20 km from the "goal", to join me for the last hours, to give me support and company the last few hours. Wonderful!
23 hours left, and I do feel a bit nervous. Article in the swedish newspaper Aftonbladet, http://www.aftonbladet.se/kropphalsa/article5316716.ab. "What if I dont make it..". Well, that is not really "on the map", but since I have never run further than 50 km before, I will break new ground. New for me. Which is exciting, but also a bit scary. In any case, I will be among friends in a fantastic country with friendly people. Could it be better?

4 kommentarer:

  1. Good luck on your big adventure!!! Take good care of yourself during the run!!!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Good luck and I wish you an awesome experience! Nothing beats breaking boundaries - you're in for some serious euphoria, for sure :-)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Thanks, and I sure will take care. A bit nervous, but that will go away when I start run.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Finally you said something nice about Panama!

    SvaraRadera