tisdag 2 juni 2009

Running and cancer, anything in common..?

Running and cancer, do that have anything in common? Maybe not at first glance, and even though running as far as 70 km is a challange, fighting against cancer is a fight for life. 

Ericsson, the company I work for, have promised to donate money to Funda Ayuda if (or rather when!) I make it all the way to the Pacific. Funda Ayuda collects money to support the fight against cancer, and I feel honored to run for this cause. I am sure the last part of the race will be painful, the legs will hurt, I will think of quitting- then this will give me extra energy. If I make it, I help others. That feels good.

My toe continues to irritate me. It is still very blue, and not very comfortable running with it. I guess I have to stick with it, and hope for the toe to get better. In a way, it adds to the excitement...

2 kommentarer:

  1. hello, first of all congratulations for your initiative. I admire your determination and despite the pain and tireness, you have a goal. I have bad knees, i try too but Ihave never push so far. I will try to follow your running from Chile. I wish you the best run, good luck, be strong! Camila

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thanks, Camila! We miss you here in Panama! Looking forward to it, but I am also a bit nervous. But that is how it should be I guess.. :-)

    SvaraRadera