tisdag 28 april 2009

A tough day after run and presidential election


9.23 km, 45 min 15 sec, including a fairly tough round in the park, 3.75 km in 16 min 9 sec.

Legs felt better than expected after yesterdays 30 km run- thats a good sign. Next weekend I will try 25+25, i.e run 25 km on Saturday and 25 km on Sunday. If that works, I will go 30+30 the weekend after, a good exercise in order to get used to the long distances without actually going out for a crazy 50 or 60 km run.

This week will be very interesting, with presidential election coming up on Sunday. I will not go into details about what I think about the candidates, since there are laws in Panama that basically can get me locked in if I "insult" an official person. Since my view on the politics and the politicians here is quite, shall we say, firm, I would not want to risk that.

The arguments and rethorics is getting lower and lower, and while PRD picture Martinelli et al as evil "sculls" in TV, Martinelli claims that with PRD, you get into politics clean/goood but you leave (politics) as millonare (if you are in the ruling party).

It is easy just to look at the bad parts of the politics here, the power families that rules the country, the rumours that a vote a week before the election cost 50 USD and closer to the election will rise to 150 USD, or other bad parts. But I can not help but being impressed by a country that have gone from a long history of dictatorships to a fairly ok democracy in only 20 years! I am pretty convinced, that within 20 more years we will see a good democracy here in Panama!

Now it is time to help my son with the physics homework while I still can keep my eyes open.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar