söndag 12 april 2009

11/4: 15 km, two dogs and a fence

5:20 am, 14.92 km. 1 h 14 min. Fairly fast pace, 5:25 min/km.

Started fairly early in order to finish the run before 7 am. After 7, the heat starts to raise, and a comfortable 25 C during the early morning hours turns to 29-30 C between 7:30 and 8 am, way too much for me. Since Ida had the car, I run from home to the park and did two laps there, and then back again.

I held a pretty fast pace (for me), a little less than 5:30 min/km, mainly because I didn't have a plan for this exercise. Yesterday, I did a fast 5 km and the day before that a long slow 30 km run, and I can feel the effect of more than two weeks without running.

On the first lap, I saw two happy dogs. Their tails where propellers, the black female dog and the white male dog had really found each other. Between them was a fence with barbwire on the top. No way around it, no way above it, no way under it.

The black dog was pretty quick to understand that, but when I came back on the second lap, the white dog was still wandering back and forth. It was really heart breaking. Two different dogs, two different philosophies, two different views on life.


After the second lap I gave myself a reward. Fresh juice made by oranges and carrots. The fruit here is fantastic, and when we move back to Sweden in the future, I will really miss the variety of fresh fruit.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar