måndag 13 april 2009

Resting day... almost....

8 km, 47:50 min, 5:59 min/km, low pulse. Resting day..

A nice, slow run in the gym, mainly to stretch my legs and my mind. 5 km is normally enough to warm up for a good stretch, but my mind required a few more km today. Close to 68 km this week, and close to where I should be the next few weeks.

The pulse was no problem today, but Pomodoro was. Pomodoro is a very nice pasta restaurant a few blocks from home. Actually, it was our favourite restaurant our first five weeks in Panama, when we stayed at the, shall we say, cost efficient "hotel" Las Huacas. Back to Las Huacas in a while.

Pomodoro serves good pasta to decent prices in a very nice environment. Sounds good, eh? Only issue is that around 50 % of the countries cream production is used by the kitchen in Pomodoro. At least, that is how it feels, and it is probably not far from the truth. Taste good, but fat as Zlatan Ibrahimovichs bank account.

Las Huacas. I will never complain about any other hotel I stay in. Not even the 2 GBP a night B&B 1993, in the north western isolated part of Ireland with electricity two hours every evening and a dampness that makes Panama feel like a desert in comparison.

Actually, it was pretty ok, Las Huacas. But with two kids in school, and only one place with decent light it was a bit tricky with the enormus amount of schoolwork they got. In particular since the only place with decent light was the toilet.
The also claimed to have WiFi, which was slightly true. If I was sitting on the floor just by the entrance, I could actually get a signal and a connection fully in class with the 28.8 kbps modems used at my university years (which was not yesterday). Five weeks in Las Huacas felt like an eternity, but we survived that too. And again, it was not that bad..

Now I am looking forward to one week at home in Panama and some build up in training with good continuity. If I only can digest the pasta from Pomodoro...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar