onsdag 3 mars 2010

A bad knee and receipts to China

Lets start with the bad part. The knee sucks. Really sucks. But I guess that is an experience too. Yesterday, I could do 20 minute running, without really hurting. Today 40 minutes. And it felt really good. Then I was stupid enough to add some workout for my legs. That was not so smart. Now I have been sitting with ice on my knee for 40 minutes.

And I think to myself. "Why do I have to make such stupid mistakes to learn?". Isnt there any smarter way to learn? Like listen to other, smarter people? But I guess that is me, and I have to accept me as I am. Even the parts I dont like. Sometimes it is good to be stubborn, sometimes it is not so good.

Change of subject.

At work. Sharing room at work, with too few power outlets. I have this nice desktop that I can change the height, so I can sit sometimes and work standing up other times. Very nice. Only problem is that I have to unplug my charger for the mobile in order to plug in the desktop, to change the height.

So. Easily solved with a power splitter. So, I go to the secretary to ask.

Secretary: "We have no process for ordering power splitters".
Joakim: "Eh. Ok. So, what should I do?"
Secretary: "Easiest if you go and buy it yourself."

Ok. No big deal. Ok, it will be one more thing to fix, but no probs. But to claim the money, which is more or less nothing, 2-3 USD, I have to use the following process:

1. Scan the receipt.
2. Log in to the tool where I put in the claim.
3. Send the claim to China.
4. Send the receipt by airplane to China.
5. China checks my claim, probably to make sure that I dont try to fraud my company for 2-3 USD.
6. China sends the claim to my boss for approval.
7. My boss approves the claim and sends it back to China.
8. China informs the financial department that they have a GO to payout the 2-3 USD, that they now are sure is not a fraud, but an ok claim.
9. When China get my receipt by airplane, the store the receipt together will all other receipts they get from the whole world (in a big barn???).
10. I get my money on my account.

How much does this cost in working time?
How much does this cost in money?

and most importantly

How much CO2 does it cost to fly a receipt to China?

That would be truly interesting to see...

Tomorrow I will go and buy my power splitter. I will not keep the receipt. I think I can survive a 2-3 USD loss, and I will feel good about saving the environment some added CO2 in the atmosphere.

No, I will not tell you which company I work for... :-)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar