måndag 15 mars 2010

Bursit - a good Monday?!?!

Imflammation in the knee, "bursit" (slemsäcksinflammation in swedish). Patience and medication, but no surgery!

The doctor did not think it was a good idea to run 50 miles in April (smart doctor), but Stockholm Marathon in June should be ok if I just took care of the rehab and had patience.

Yeah!!!

Next: anti-inflammatory pills for one week combined with anti-inflammatory gel on the knee. Rest, well, or swimming.
If ok after one week, I could get started reeeeally sloooow. With short strides.

The change from asphalt to snow was probably a large contributing factor that increased the stress on the knee (slemsäckarna). The 80 k run in December and all the races in November and December could of course have nothing to do with it... :-/

Ok. This means I will be a better swimmer, that I will exercise my patience and that I will be rocking in Stockholm Marathon!

Meanwhile, I will follow the progress of my dear (crazy) friend LC on his 800 km adventure in Panama that started yesterday. Will post link mas tarde.
And the three crazy (!) girls in Panama in their preparation for AR50 in April.
And of course my crazy friend Fer- my 80k-pal!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar