söndag 18 december 2011

Some testing of gear

My Sunday run was cut short a bit, felt cold the last part so the intended 25 km became 22 km instead. Took the opportunity to test some clothes and gear. First hour was rain and wind, second half snow and wind. And rather muddy and wet surface, but almost no ice:

  • Feet: Asics w. Goretex and wool/synthetic socks. Perfect, feet was warm all through the run.
  • Legs. Wintertights with Gore windstopper, short underwear from Under Armour. Also perfect, didnt even feel wet.
  • Upper body. Three layers. Thin synthetic shirt w long sleeves, Nike windproof/middle layer shirt, Nike windbreaker. Not enough. A bit too thin, should have changed the thin synthetic shirt to a thick one, and I also have my doubts on the wind breaker when its wet and windy. Might need to upgrade my jacket. Only thing is that Gore take some 2000 SEK/300 USD for a really good jacket...
  • Head. Northface fleeccap, thick with gore windstopper. Perfect!
  • Face. Nothing really, might need something for my face when its windy and snowy. It is really tough on the eyes when the snow/rain htis the face. Will check my wardrobe what I have..
  • Hands. Fingerglves, windproof. Got wet and cold after a little more than one hour. Not sure if it was from sweat or from the rain/snow. Might need something more serious here too.
Also tested to bring my camera with waterproof shell instead of trying to take photos with my mobile. Good choice I think, much better quality!


2 kommentarer:

  1. I can really recommend wool as layer one keeps you warm even when wet. I always use wool shirt both summer and winter, when it cool I do double layers one short sleeve and then one long sleeve.
    /Fredrik

    SvaraRadera
  2. Yes, will try wool, good suggestion.

    SvaraRadera