tisdag 2 november 2010

Rehab sucks..

I had forgotten what rehab is like. Pain and slow motion. Everything goes so slow, and the pain is always there. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Sometimes lurking around the corner, ready to spring forward. A runner said "make pain your friend, then you will never be lonely". Yeah, right. Funny guy.

Mindshift.

Normally, I go by heart, by feeling. I almost never follow my training plans. I adjust them depending on how I feel, if I am happy or sad, if I want to feel the smell of the woods or the speed of the street. I make the program and then I adjust.

Now I have to follow the program to 100 %. Otherwise I will end up destroying my knee again going too fast or drinking tequila listening to blues. I just have to stick to the program and start mental training. Loosing the salsa for a few weeks is tough, I realize I got a lot of energy from that.

Mindshift.

I have to see the good in the small things. Walking the stairs without pain. Feeling my muscles work while I do the exercises. Feel myself while doing the mental training.

Setting the goal for next year will help as well. I will not set an easy goal, but I need to talk it over with my doctor. I like challenges, and I need this to keep my motivation.  

No bike this evening. Only the exercises, carefully. And pray that my knee feels a tiny bit better tomorrow, so I can add the 10 minutes of bike I should do. It has to feel better tomorrow, it has to!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar