fredag 5 februari 2010

A dark wood, icecold water and two hours for contemplation

Friday afternoon. Sun is setting, and it is time to close down work and run home. Today we saw a strange, yellow round thing up in the sky. Someone said it is called "The Sun". I dont know, but it was quite beautiful.

Anyway, when I got running at 5 pm, that yellow things was long gone. So was the moon. Why use a headlamp in the wood if you can stumble on in loose snow on the tracks. If you find the tracks..

Met three horses on the way. Almos crashed into the first one. Shouldnt they use headlights???

Found a strange sign on the way. Could someone explain, please! "Skuttipp". Doesnt translate in any language.


Continuing passed Ulriksdal station and towards Stockholm. Probably above zero degrees C now, a lot of muddy snow. Pretty heavy to run through. Especially with my "light" pack on my back, with the work laptop and some clothes, around 5 kg extra.

Running across S:t Eriksbron, and the sidewalk are fairly crowded now. Jump to the left, onto the cyclelane. What looks like dry ground is actually 10 cm deep freezing cold water mixed with snow. Wonderful! Swearing a minute or two, before I calm down and realize that this is a good opportunity to see if wool-socks are as good as they are supposed to!

Freezing quite a lot for about 10 minutes, then my right foot start to warm up. After 20 minutes, I am perfectly ok. Wool rocks!

I like the two hour run home on Fridays. Give me time to think and relax. Listening to salsa, hearing the spanish brings me back to Panama for a few moments!

Running with a smile on my face!


2 kommentarer:

  1. I've tried googleling "Skuttipp" without any luck. Were did you find the sign? Near Järva Krog?

    SvaraRadera
  2. Ha ha. Well, I was running from Kista, through the woods, coming out a few hundred meters before Ulriksdals railway station, close to the golf range. Before going under the railway, there is a place where they pick sand and stones (sandtag?). Thats where the sign was, some 300 meters before the railway.

    SvaraRadera