måndag 11 januari 2010

Awake!


Pic: view from our house in Hägersten. Sun is going up, painting the trees with gold.

First run in Sweden, but to be nice to myself I took the treadmill track, i.e indoor. 3 minutes walk to Västertorpshallen, then I could get started. Looking at the snow, salsa in my ear. Strange feeling...

Did a fairly tough run, sort of pyramid-run (whatever it is called in runner-lingo), starting slow, going faster, then slower again. All in all 11 km, with the following speed in min/km:

6
5:30
5
4:30
3
3:45
4
4:30
5
5:30
6

I was really tired towards the end, but at least I am awake! Almost one week without running, I really needed this!

3:45 was maybe a bit too fast, couldnt really keep a good stride, but it feels so good to not be scared of the sub 4 pace. I am confident I will go below 40 min/10 km this year, something of a "dream-barrier" for an enthusiastic office-dude.

Today, I will dress up for my first outdoor run. Not sure I have all clothes, but I will only go a few km. Then I know what works and what does not work...


2 kommentarer:

  1. I like Pyramids,...specially Egypt Piramids,...jajajaja

    Take care my friend,

    FER

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thanks, Fer! I miss u, crazy spanish dude!

    SvaraRadera