fredag 29 januari 2010

18.5 km, 1 h 52 min, -14 C. Una experiencia!




Every day is a learning experience. This week more than normal. While running home from work today, I had some time to contemplate, reflect over some learnings.

First some workrelated:
  1. If there is no formal process for solving a problem, it is per definition impossible to solve.
  2. Having no access to email and no possibility to prepare for meetings is inversely proportional to the number of action points recieved at the meetings.
  3. Moving to Central America was so much more easy than moving back to Sweden.
And some other:
  1. Running 18 km in -14 C feels slightly longer than running 18 km in a tropical country.
  2. Boiling sportsdrink in a bottle reach room temperature in around 20 minutes in -14 C and start to freeze in yet another 20 minutes.
  3. Cyclists in Sweden are even more crazy than the runners. On my run from work I met 3 runners and 7 cyclists. You have to be truly crazy to bike in this temperature.
  4. It is very nice to drink warm sportsdrink after almost two hours running in a somewhat chilly weather.
What will i learn tomorrow?

In any case. Now its Friday. And time for some swedish whisky!




4 kommentarer:

  1. I agree with you! Who would go out and bike in this weather? Run on the other hand, that's really not a problem ;)

    SvaraRadera
  2. Well, I wouldnt put it exactly like that Miranda.. :-). I am still getting used to this you know.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Hi Joakim
    You have a nice blogg. And as you say running to work gives realy quality time for reflection. Sometimes I run 10 km to my work at 05:00 in the morning. And it gives me 1 hour of reflection. About sportdrink my tips is 0,5l realy hot, this bottle you have do drink as you say in the first 20-30 min. Bottle nr 2 0,5l I put this one inside my trousers?? It`s not so bad as it sounds like. I use an empty Coke and it`s formed a little so it fits realy good. This one keeps warm much longer up to 1-1,5 hour.

    Fryk...

    SvaraRadera
  4. Ha ha, I havent thought about putting the bottle there! Ok, I will give it a try. Or put it somewhere close to the skin in any case.

    Thank you for your kind words, Fryk, I really appreciate it.

    Now its getting warmer also, first time above 0 C since we moved back to Sweden. I will celebrate with running home from work tomorrow I think. Some quality time with myself and my thoughts.. :-)

    SvaraRadera