tisdag 24 november 2009

A calm day-after run, slowly running home from work. I Monday starting full of energy, but swiftly turning into one of these Mondays you know.. But thats another story.


11.6 km, starting at work in the Global Bank building on Calle 50:

http://www.funbeat.se/tracks/index.aspx?RouteID=264397


A few blocks away from work, there is a big school. In order to squeeze more students in, they study in two-shift, half of the students in the early mornings until lunch, the other half from lunch to around 5-6 pm. So, when I get running after work close to 6 pm, there are a lot of students walking to the busstops.

And, without exceptions, a lot of girls that thinks its funny with a tall, pale guy running around. I almost feel like a rockstar when they start whistle and cheer when I pass.

Running over to Via Israel, taking left and then right on Via Brasil, passing Multi Centro. Armani and Gucci stores in the shopping mall to the left, poor neighbourhood to the right. What a difference, what contrast.

Passing Club Union, where presidents have parties (not now perhaps, but its not like a standard after-work place).

Coming onto Cinta Costera, and setting a slow, steady pace. Legs a bit heavy after yesterday, and I let my mind wander. A bad Monday, and it feels good to run off the bad mood and let some energy in.

I am thinking of all the blisters that are sort of constant. And the struggle to find a water system that is compatible with my body, or way of running. First of all, I use a tremendous amount of water here with the climate. Secondly, I get blisters of all different shoes I have tried. No matter if its New Balance, Nike, Adidas or any other. I wonder if it is the climate, or just my feet. Or the somewhat long distances.. I hardly give my feet much rest..

Anyway, I know my blisters by now, and we are friends. The have agreed to be nice with me if I just use sporttape before I run. But I am not talking to them. Yet..

Ok, this is how much thoughts wander around when I run. Hardly something to write about, and you could really start to think there is a small small part of me that is slightly... crazy..?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar