söndag 14 augusti 2011

First race in over a year - yeah!

Midnattsloppet in Stockholm, "Midnight Run", a wonderful 10 km race in the central part of Stockholm. Was not sure about my form, since I am still building up after my injuries. More or less no interval training, and main part of my training consists of rather slow 6-7 km runs.
A few weeks ago, I did a 10 km "test training" to test my form. Just below 47 min, but with some energy left. Target yesterday was 45, which I felt was fairly ambitious given the preparations. Plan was to go out in 4:20 pace, to have some extra time to spend on the 5th kilometer with the loooong uphill towards Sofia Church, and later up to Moseback.
Passed 5 km at 22:15, according to plan. Tried to keep the pace up on flats and downhills to gain some time, and with 2 km left I realized I had a chance to go below 44 min. "What the heck", only 2 km left, just to go full speed. Last km below 4 min/km, 43:40 final result. Super-pleased!

Link to the race: http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/19094533



Warming up before the race. 



Waiting for the start, eager to get running.



Pleased after the race. 

4 kommentarer:

  1. Congratulations Joakim, good to hear from you like that ! ! ! Take care my friend,

    Regards to your family
    FER

    SvaraRadera
  2. Gracia, FER! Good luck in El Valle, I assume you are running? Say hi to Lisette!

    SvaraRadera
  3. I am not ready for El Valle this year, I have pain in my foot yet, less than 2 months ago but not enough for be confident in a hard and long race as El Valle, this year with 50km. I will intent to run the Panama Marathon in December. It will be my goal for the rest of the year, maybe also Gamboa but I am not properly sure right now.

    Regards my friend,
    FER

    SvaraRadera
  4. Better take it easy, there are many races to run.

    SvaraRadera