söndag 27 mars 2011

Warming sun, chilly winds and firetrucks

10.4 km, 53min. Feeling good all the way. Almost feels "out of rehab"! When I am doing around 50 km per week and 20 km in one run without any problems, then I am 100 % back. Then I will also decide for any races this year. Even though I have a few in minds, I will only decide when I am that far in the rehab. Patience...
Is it spring or is it not? Since I didnt bring my fleece cap, it must be spring, according to my own definition. And it sure felt like spring in the small "valleys", no wind and only sun, reeeeeally nice. Then up on the bridge, and it was cold and grim again. 
Running over the second bridge, over to Lilla Essingen from Stora Essingen, I saw some rather stupid person walking on the ice. Looking at Stocholm today, almost all ice is gone, and what is still left looks like it is strong  enough to hold for a duck, not more. The ice is so poor, that if you go through, there is probably no way to get up, since the ice will break, even if you have the right gear. 
What to do, but call the police? After a few minutes of talk, a police car arrived after 10 minutes, and I could point out the person on the ice, on the other side (Stora Essingen side, looking from Lilla Essingen). With my task done, I waved goodbye to the police, and began my run home again. I was a bit confused, since the police didnt drive over to Stora Essingen, but just remained at the shore of Lilla Essingen. After a few minutes I realized that it was so that they could keep eye contact with the person on the ice all the time, while waiting for their colleagues. 
And yee, did they take this seriously! Soon, two rescue cars came with blue lights, soon thereafter a car with a doctor (akutbil), and one minute later two firetrucks, one with a small boat behind! Wow! Guess the guy on the ice was a bit surprised when all these showed up! 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar