söndag 20 mars 2011

My definition of spring, but King Winter is still in charge of the streets

5.30 pm, 5-6 C on the right side of freezing point, sun setting. 10 km, 59min 48sec. Link to the run here: http://www.funbeat.se/tracks/index.aspx?RouteID=699056.

My definition of spring: when I dont need my fleece "hat", but a lighter one on the run. When it comes to my ears, I am a real sissy. As soon as it goes below +15 C i start to freeze on my ears if I dont use a cap or a hat.

Today, I only needed my light cap/hat, not the fleece one. Hence, it is spring!!! However, there is still a lot of ice on the streets, and I have to chose path carefeully not to end up in impossible, bone-braker roads. But more and more asphalt are visible, and I can run large parts of the run without thinking too much on the ground.

First time I have run 10 km since the surgery, and it felt pretty good. Lets see what my knee says tomorrow morning. Still I have to cut almost 20 min on this time to be back to the shape I was in 15 months ago, but what the heck. I have to enjoy every step forward, see it for what it is, enjoy the progress and learn from the setbacks. Stick to the training, be patient and have faith in that I will be better trained and better prepared next time I taste the sweet and sour distances that defines the ultraruns.


On top of the world. Well, not really, but a very nice view of Stockholm from the top of Liljeholmsberget.


Running across Liljeholmsbron, sun setting.


And yes, we have palmtrees in Stockholm (surely they are not plastic..)! I just have to try this cafe in may or whenever they open again for the season.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar