torsdag 5 augusti 2010

Lost..?


"Why not search for new ways..?" A brilliant idea, getting a bit tired of the same routes to and from work. And to get some more training, more than the 18-19 km.

Using the excellent routeplanner for bikes, http://cykla.stockholm.se/, to find a new, nice way home from work. Since I wanted to pass the beautiful Järvafältet, I got this one: http://cykla.stockholm.se/Tiny.aspx?c=28e499s.

It worked perfect! For 500 meters...

Lost. Well, not completely lost maybe. But definitively not on the route. I sort of got the general direction right, and after a while I got on the right track. For a few minutes more, then lost again in the area of Tensta.

Tensta and Rinkeby are areas with maybe not the best reputation in Stockholm. Coming from the green and beautiful Järvafältet, crossing the motorway E18 to get over to Tensta, expecting a "concrete getto", finding nice parks and smiling people!!! (see the picture above)

A very nice surprise, and this is definitively a route that I will take home more times, with variations of course.

Yesterday I took an evening ride, seeing the first signs of fall- a group of swans flying south for the winter. This is really Sweden! It is supposedly summer still, but the birds are already flying south. Well, I cant really blame them..

But, no good thinking about that. Summer is still here, even though it is a bit more chilly now, and there will be many more beautiful days before the leaves have gone from green to yellow and red, and finally painting the ground in colours.




2 kommentarer:

  1. I live 700 m from Rinkeby torg and I pass over Rinkeby to Järvafältet every day, I live in Bromsten. Rinkeby has the best playgrunds for kids that I have found. We bring Ellen , 2 years, there often. In Tensta, there is one of my favourite indian restaurants.

    Once, at Rinkeby torg, an unknown elderly man smiled at ellen and passed on an orange. She talked about it for months. Where else in stockholm would this happen? And they are so friendly in Tensta centrum when you enter with a kid.

    Rinkeby is warmth and kindness and exotic foods to me. And as you say, nice parks.

    SvaraRadera