torsdag 29 juli 2010

Bikers are cool, runners just run



Back to the doctor again- and the bike.

No running the next two weeks, only boring rehab. Is there anything more tedious, boring and frustrating than "rehab programs"? Yes, I understand the importance of it, and I will stick strictly to the doctors plans.

"After two weeks, you can try very slow 500 meter runs". Wow. 500 meter. Not easy to find the motivation in that.

At least, I can bike. Thats ok. But I have realized that runners and bikers are very different. Or are they?

When I meet a runner, we greet eachother. With a smile, or just a nod.
When I meet a biker, they just look straight ahead, not moving a muscle in the face. Looking sooo coool.

I am thinking about participating in my first race the 15th of August. All money from the race will go to a cancer foundation. So, I was looking for a shirt. Not that I am very fast on the bike, but still it would be nice to get rid of the "flapping" of my shirt. And I realized that it is more or less impossible to find a biker shirt without one thousand commercial on them.

I am not that fast. Why would I try to look "professional" with a team-shirt, when I am just a happy beginner? "Simple is boring" was the answer from the guy in the shop.

With all the expensive gear, could it be that the bikers look serious and unhappy because they have no money left for the rent..?

So far, the only conclusion I can make is:

Bikers are cool, runners just run.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar