söndag 6 december 2009

Short recap

Just woke up after a few hours of sleep, looking back at the run. Strange thing, the whole idea.. Everything went real well, until that last stop by the car to fill up with water. Felt dizzy and had difficulty standing up. Ended up laying down, shaking and shivering for 30 minutes, pretty bad experience.

I am still amazed by the running community here in Panama. Where else would you have people joining between 11 pm and 2 am (Carlitos) and between 2 am until the finish (LC). Or, as Daniel did, joined us for one hour Saturday evening and then met us early Sunday morning. Friends showing up just to say high and give some energy. Fantastic!

And my wife Ida of course that supported all along, and the crazy spanish guy- Fernando, you rock!

And all the other Juaneteros that met us early Sunday morning, and that helped me when I collapsed.

I will miss you all so much- you are fantastic!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Not a fun experience I guess, but a good one. You probaly suffered from dehydration in combination with lack of electrolytes. This can be life threatening, but you know that, don't you?

    You'll remember this run for a long time, huh? I hope you're ok now. Please make sure your body gets a chance to recover, ie DON'T run or train for at least 4-5 days.
    Remember that your endocrine system needs to recover as well, which can take 1-2 weeks.
    You put your body through a real beating!

    Take care and REST!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thanks, Zebban. This was a very very good experience!
    Dehydration was a solid cause. I drank 12 liter, when I should have been closer to 20 liter.
    Also, too little energy. Runes energikakor are probably good, but I couldnt eat solid after 6 hours, and got very little energy. I will use energy-gels more next time.

    SvaraRadera