onsdag 18 maj 2011

Starting from zero

Rehab for running is slow, set back now with a foot injury. Life as a runner really sucks sometimes. Now is such a time. Its not easy. If you are not a runner, you dont really understand.

In order not to grow fat, and not only do biking, I thought I would throw myself into a new challenge- swimming!

When I get good enough in my foot and knee, and when I am no longer close to drowning in the pool- triathlon. Actually, there is a triathlon in August in Stockholm, a sprint triathlon. "Sprint"... Yeah, right. Well, bike is no problem, only 20 km. Shorter than short. Running is even less worrying, 5 km.
But the swimming.
750 meters.
Sprint?!?
Today, I can do 25 m crawl. Barely. Indoor. Is it really possible to do 30 times that distance in less than three months from now? And outdoor!

Well well. I will not know unless I try.

Today, 1000 meters in the pool,  breaststroke. In 28 minutes. Well, at least I will keep myself floating if I go for the triathlon. But I want to do it using crawl. I only have to increase my capability there around 30 times...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar